I recently encountered some issues with Plex to which I didn’t find a quick answer as fast as I would have hoped so I’m gonna detail them here, maybe it will help somebody in the future
1. Unable to connect to ‘server’ securely.
I encountered this issue while I was browsing http://app.plex.tv/. Turns out, there’s a setting on the Plex server that I had disabled. It’s in
Settings -> Network -> Secure connection. I had it on
Disabled, it must be on
2. Plex server webhooks not working.
I wanted to add the Trakt’s webhook integration to my Plex server and apparently it was not working. I even wrote a basic Node.JS Express API and added it’s URL to Plex’s webhooks to see if it’s a me issue or not. Indeed, the Plex webhooks were not firing.
Turns out, there’s a setting for that as well. Same page as above,
Settings -> Network -> Webhooks. My checkbox was disabled, for whatever reason.